How Can Counselling and Psychotherapy Help You?
The process of talking through painful and sensitive issues can provide relief from distress and confusion and promote insight and change, giving you greater freedom and authorship of your life.
"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious". C.G. Jung.
I have experience of working in all of the following areas:
- Anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder, panic disorder and panic attacks
- Low self-esteem and loss of confidence
- Shyness/ social anxiety
- Depression, manic depression and bipolar disorder
- Anger management
- Sexual abuse
- Physical abuse and domestic violence
- Stress and other work-related issues
- Redundancy and retirement
- Relationship difficulties
- Lack of direction
- Personality issues and identity
- Mental health issues
- Trauma and PTSD
- Family conflicts and crises
- Jealousy and resentment
- Effects of physical illness
As a registered psychotherapist and counsellor I practise under the Code of Ethics of the UKCP (United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapy).